Sunday, March 21, 2010

Update

The Metal Cowgirl is alive and well in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The trail has been rough the last two days for the Cowgirl. On Friday, the steed threw both shoes at the same time. There I sat, on my rock, waiting for help. Two of my compadres, Katie and Patty biked 5 miles back to help and I thank them again. The word got passed along (Pony Express style) and the sag came to pick us up. Katie and Patty got dropped off to continue on the bike ride. It was a beautiful ride. We went through the Gila National Forest up to Emory Pass at 8000+ ft. It truly was a visual experience. We were in a place called Kingston. The lodge we stayed at treated us quite well. Dinner and breakfast were fantastic and I thank them for their hospitality.

Saturday the steed was doing fine. It was a hard ride at first, cold and head wind. It flattened out and off we went. I stopped in Hatch with my riding companion for the day, Leslie. We had a nice lunch at the Pepper Pot and then went shopping. We went across the street to a pepper store - whole peppers, ground peppers, and peppers on a tshirt. Hatch is the pepper capital of the world.
We also biked by miles and miles of pecan orchards. They are not in bloom yet but I can only imagine how spectacular that will be. Well, once again, the steed acted up. About, 8 miles outside of town the beast threw another shoe. She is fixed.
Stay tuned for more news and the Metal Cowgirl and the noble steed.

No comments:

Post a Comment