Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday, April 7 2010

Today is our rest day, so what do I do? First you get up early, you don't want to get out of practice or get use to sleeping in. Next, I slip out of my room so I won't wake my roommate but I grab my laundry. I get that started right of way so I can control the laundry room. I get my laundry done, then off on my bike. I had to ship items home. Last, I clean my bike. I'm glad we are riding tomorrow.

The weather has turned cloudy and humid, the hills are still rolling and still in Texas. It is a beautiful section. The wildflowers are blooming and as you go by you will see fields of them, Texas Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, and others. I've finally seen long horn steers and Brahma bulls. Lambs, goats, and sheep are everywhere.

We will soon be entering our final three weeks. I think everyone is tired and many have aches and pains. The Metal Cowgirl and her steed are holding up rather well.

Next time the Pony Express will be from Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment